now browsing by category
Using the platform, I’m going to talk about how each and every woman has the potential to become one of the great world changers, how leadership is their birthright, and some of the skills necessary for women (of course, men too to demonstrate confidence. I’ll cover some of the soft skills necessary for women to succeed in the work and marketplaces such as communication and feedback giving. For instance, how to communicate like a pro, how to ask for a raise or promotion, and how to provide feedback. In the latter case, for example, how to provide feedback (without damaging the relationship) to a co-worker or boss, especially if you feel like he is crossing certain boundaries, and more.
The presentation is going to be motivational and at the same time interactive and dynamic. The contents and tools are taken from my latest two books (Soft Skills That Make or Break Your Success, and The Highest Level of Greatness).
Men are also welcome! You may join us, or at least, invite your sisters, girlfriend, or spouse.
For details, please see the attached flyer.
Assegid Habtewold, Bridge Builder
You may also sign up for free to receive our newsletter for free:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Press Release
Assegid Habtewold is a Featured Presenter in the Grad CareerFestival Designed to Help Unemployed Grads Land Jobs Quicker!
Free Grad Career/Festival scheduled for June 26th-29th from 11 am – 7 pm daily (EST) seeks to help college grads land a job 2.4 months quicker! 36 hours of career advice!
Silver Spring, MD, May 14, 2018 (Success Pathways Press)– With nearly two million students graduating from college this summer, it’s not surprising that it will take the average graduate 7.4 months to find employment. While some of that time is a result of the economy not being able to absorb so many graduates at one time, much of it is a result of the fact that college grads simply do not know how to look for a job!
The Grad CareerFestival is designed to give graduates the fundamental skills they will need in their first professional job search. The massive four-day event will introduce graduates to 36 of the nation’s top career authors and a dozen career coaches, hiring managers, and career experts who will offer strategies on how to launch and lead successful careers. The event has been organized into four tracks:
- Career Management
- Job Search
- Soft Skills
According to Assegid Habtewold, author of Soft Skills That Make or Break Your Success, and a featured presenter in the Grad CareerFestival:
“Research by the National Association of Colleges and Employers has shown nearly 61 percent of graduating seniors either NEVER go to the career center or will only visit once or twice. It’s no wonder then that the average grad thinks the proper way to look for a job is to load their resume onto 100 websites and wait for someone to contact them! We know, given the right knowledge and skills we can help grads find jobs quicker!”
Each author is offering three tips based on their niche area of expertise. Graduates will learn relevant, contemporary strategies to create an elevator pitch, build their online brand, use social media to land a job, as well as learn traditional networking, resume, interviewing, and job search techniques. Authors will share the importance of creating a career plan, managing their career, and staying current on job search strategies. The authors will give a 25-30 minute presentation on their area of expertise and then take 10-15 minutes of questions.
Time has been set aside to introduce graduates to innovative online career tools designed to improve their resumes, as well as their interviewing, networking and job search skills. Students and grads will also hear from experts who will give insights how to refinance student loans, manage their credit score, and their personal finances.
According to Assegid Habtewold,
“I’m concerned that college graduates are not receiving the knowledge and skills they will need for the dozen job searches they are expected to have by the time they turn 38 years old. We are excited about the possibilities of putting thousands of dollars in the pockets of graduates by giving them simple insights on how they can not only find a job quicker but help them launch and lead successful careers!”
The cost to participate in all 36 hours of live career presentations is $67. However, students and graduates that register using the code – Habtewold – will get free access to the four-day event. It’s Assegid Habtewold’s graduation gift to graduates!
Parents, guardians, friends, or extended families are encouraged to share this opportunity with the graduate(s) they know!
Students and graduates can register at:
Participation is limited.
The Grad CareerFestival is produced by TalentMarks, a nationally recognized firm that provides scalable career and professional development programming to career centers, and alumni associations. Participation is limited! http://www.gradcareerfestival.com
Author, Soft Skills That Make or Break Your Success
For details and interviews, contact firstname.lastname@example.org 800-849-1762 x 205
In this interview, Celia Rivas, Coordinator of Immigration Legal Services of Catholic Charities (CC) explains the many ways the organization support the immigrant community. Some of the questions she addressed include but not limited to: How CC inspires hope and build future (its motto), some of the civic and immigration legal services CC provides, about CC’s Know Your Rights workshops, CC’s employment and adult education services, and more.
To watch future episodes, go to https://www.mmctv.org/programs/pick-yourself-up/
This coming Thursday, February 15, 2018, @ 6: 30 pm at Marriott Marquis Washington DC, I’m going to facilitate a 2-hour workshop on the theme: Effective Communication Skills. Here are two strong reasons why you need to attend this workshop (or recommend someone) if you’re in the DC metro area.
1. The organizers. Your Ethiopian Professionals Network, known as YEP, is one of the most dynamic organizations that I personally know. I don’t usually endorse an organization just for the sake of it. I facilitated a workshop for the leadership team in 2012 or 2013 on mission, vision, branding, teamwork, and so on. I was so proud as an Ethiopian by their passion, unity of purpose, clarity, and professionalism of these young leaders. Don’t just believe my words. Because of their outstanding leadership, the organization has been growing exponentially. They have over five thousand members. Its members are diverse in profession, age group, gender, ethnicity, religion, and so on. Whether you’re new to the US or have been here for years, if your desire is to grow professionally, this is a group you have to join. You cannot grow and continue to succeed solo and without the network and support of like-minded professionals. Thus, use this opportunity to meet the leadership, its volunteers, and members. For more, check out their website: http://yepnetworks.org/
2. The theme, communication. One of my favorite motivational speakers- Les Brown said, “Communication is the number one tool to succeed in any endeavor.” Whether you are looking for a job, improve your relationships, advance on the corporate ladder, grow your business, serve and lead your community with excellence, you cannot do it without effective communication skills. You can have off the chart credential, out of this world talent and skills, and the zeal to serve, without communicating effectively, however, they are almost worthless. This is especially important to our community. Personal and professional developments are treated casually. I’ve met many talented Ethiopian professionals who overstayed in one position for years, not because they don’t have the qualification, experience, and drive; it’s due to the lack of certain soft skills like communication. I know many of you work hard and desire to succeed but hanging out with people from your profession alone is not enough. Reading textbooks of your profession alone isn’t sufficient to grow and advance in what you do. You need to invest in your personal and professional developments proactively. We need to incorporate this element in our culture. As a community, we need to develop personally and professionally constantly if our desire is to succeed individually and collectively. There is no shortcut. That was how other communities advanced, and enjoying prosperity and civilization- they developed the human potential of their people. By the way, government agencies, major corporations, and nonprofit organizations in the US that I serve as a facilitator pay thousands of dollars to arrange this kind of workshops for their staff, supervisors, managers, and executives. Now, YEP brought this to you for free. You shouldn’t miss this opportunity. If your desire is to go to the next level and continue advancing in what you do, you need to sharpen your communication ability. And, this engaging and interactive workshop empowers you to go to the next height in your communication skills. For detail, check out this Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/events/176432579752207/
When: February 15, 2018
Where: Marriott Marquis 901 Massachusetts Ave NW Washington DC
Organizer: Your Ethiopian Professionals (YEP) Networks Web: http://yepnetworks.org/
Facilitator: Assegid Habtewold
One of the most respected motivational speakers- Les Brown, said: “Effective communication is the number one tool to succeed in any endeavor.” More than we would like to admit, we all communicate at home, in the neighbor, work, and marketplaces.The question is whether our communication is effective or not; whether we are getting the results we’re looking for or not.
If your desire is to communicate better and get what you want and advance in life, your profession, and attain success in whatever you are doing right now, you need to attend this workshop.
In this workshop, you will learn about what are effective communication skills, what types there are and where can you apply them, and different tools you can use to improve your communication.
The facilitator of this workshop is Dr. Assegid Habtewold, the author of ‘Soft Skills That Make or Break Your Success’. Effective communication is one of the soft skills that make or break your life, career, and/or business.
The 2-hr workshop also covers:
– the characteristics of extraordinary communicators;
– the critical roles active listening, non-verbal communication,
– giving and receiving proper feedback, and
– cross-cultural communication play in the 21st C work and marketplaces.
The workshop is highly interactive packed with insights, approaches, and tools, which you could immediately apply to take your communication skill to the next height.
About the facilitator:
Assegid Habtewold is an author, coach, consultant, speaker, and trainer at Success Pathways, LLC (www.successpws.com). He has written four books including ‘Soft Skills That Make or Break Your Success: 12 soft skills to master self, get along with, and lead others successfully’. He has over two decades of leadership experience and has been empowering leaders from diverse industries. He facilitates interactive workshops on soft skills and leadership themes for some government agencies, major corporations, and community organizations.
To signup, go to the facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/176432579752207/
You may also sign up for free to receive our newsletter for free:
Assegid Habtewold, Bridge Builder
You may also sign up for free to receive our newsletter for free:
I joined Toastmasters (TM) in 2009. As a leader, I benefited tremendously from this outstanding organization and its leadership. If you saw me speak back then, you wouldn’t believe it’s now that the same guy ? Because of TM and my mentors, I’ve come a long way. Not only I’m now speaking well, I coach supervisors and managers to have high impact communication from the stage.
On Nov 9th, I’m going to facilitate a 2-hour workshop entitled ‘Present like a pro’. It’s a very practical workshop where I’m going to share:
- Latest facts and statistics,
- Video clips, and
- Practicing opportunities for a few volunteers who would like to practice and get feedback to take their presentation ability to the next level.
Click this link to watch this < 3 min video clip to learn the learning objectives of a one-day workshop that I provide to my clients on the same theme. The contents of this 2- Hour workshop are taken from this workshop.
If you are available that day, and if you live and work in Rockville area, you should attend this Joint Open House organized by five Toastmasters clubs in the area.
One stone two birds:
- You learn how to present like a pro plus
- Hear from TM’s leadership, and ask questions so that you could be able to join one of the clubs where you may practice what you are going to learn that day.
Don’t miss this opportunity! As a leader, you should work on your communication ability. You should fine-tune your competence to speak clearly, authentically, and credibly. For more info, check the attached flyer.
I’ll also make some copies of my latest book ‘Soft Skills That Make or Break Your Success’ available…
To remain connected, sign up for our newsletter:
PRO Leadership Global Inc. (www.proleadership.org) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization based in Maryland, US. PRO Leadership PROmotes leadership, PROduces leaders to bridge the leadership gaps (Geographic, Gender, and Generational gaps) to tackle the major ills worldwide one community at a time. If you would like to support what we do, feel free to reach out to us, and be part of the movement.
Great leaders have personal mastery. They first conquered self before attempting to conquer the outside world and others. They know who they are, their strengths, weaknesses, blind spots, and clear about their values. They regulate their emotions, manage their time, energy, resolve the problems they face, and also make ethical decisions they face on a consistent basis…
Not only that, extraordinary leaders get along with diverse people successfully. They know their place in their community, team, and organization. They play their unique roles. They communicate effectively, turn conflicts into opportunities, and have high cultural intelligence.
Outstanding leaders lead others successfully because they first developed personal mastery, they first led themselves successfully. They’ve got along with people from diverse backgrounds, priorities, cultures, religions, political ideologies, and so on. They are good in inspiring their people to aim high. They develop their team by giving them individual attention, by mentoring and coaching. They are skillful negotiators for win-win deals. They also know how to lead change smoothly.
If you would like to join these elite group of unique leaders, you need to develop personal mastery, get along with and lead others successfully. And, the new book of Dr. Assegid Habtewold, founder of PRO Leadership, provides you the 12 top soft skills that are vital to take your life, career, and business to the next level.
Go to www.successpws.com, New Book page, and download the first part of the book for free by subscribing at the middle of the page. If you like what you read in the first 40 pages of the book, well, you can go to Amazon to purchase the book only 9.99 USD.
If you have young kids, siblings, relatives, colleagues, and friends, this is a gift worth giving. You’re investing in this future. Plant this seed in their life, it will give them latest insights and tools to develop their soft skills that make or break their future.
If you have a business, team, and leader of your organization, well, why don’t you invite the author to come and facilitate workshops for your team based on all or some of the soft skills.
In the meantime, consider watching his interview with a local media based on his new book. The interview was conducted in Amharic (not in English): https://ethsat.com/…/esat-yetsehafian-dimtsoch-reeyot-dr-a…/
If you’re the DC Metro area (invite also leaders who may be interested), attend the upcoming two events. On Agust 19th, this coming Saturday, Assegid is going to facilitate a 2-hr FREE workshop at Sholla, downtown Silver Spring. On Sep 2 -3, he also facilitates a 2-day boot camp style workshop at Sholla, 300 USD per person. For more, check the attached flyer…