Report on the Nine Cardinal Building Blocks Framework seminar
Sponsors: Daniel Leadership Institute (DLI), and PRO Leadership Global Inc.
An articulate communicator Ada Ejiogu led the seminar. She officially opened the seminar and introduced Tolu Peters, the leader of DLI. Pastor Tolu welcomed participants and also briefly introduced the Institute, and shared its main activities.
Following the welcoming address, Ada introduced the facilitator Assegid Habtewold. After sharing the brief history of how the project began, he invited each participant to introduce themselves, from where they came, and their expectations from the seminar.
• Presentation plus Large Group Discussion on Building Blocks 1 – 3
• Small Group Discussion on Building Blocks 1 – 3
• Presentation plus Large Group Discussion on Building Blocks 4 – 6
• Small Group Discussion on Building Blocks 4 – 6 • Presentation plus Large Group Discussion on Building Blocks 7 – 9
• Small Group Discussion on Building Blocks 7 – 9
• Conclusive remarks, participants filling the Evaluation Form
Some of the suggestions from participants include:
1. Giving the seminar more time like two to three days
2. Offering the seminar as a course (12 weeks- 9 weeks for each cardinal building blocks plus three weeks for each major three categories)
3. Launching a once per month coffee party. The goal of this informal gathering is to further discuss each cardinal building block per month. Within nine months, we could be able to cover the nine cardinal building blocks. We also intend to use the opportunity to promote the framework among our communities. Efforts are underway, and we most probably begin the first informal gathering on August 3, 2013, downtown Silver Spring, MD. If you are interested to join this party, please let me know, and I will connect you with the person who is coordinating this effort.
Some participants at the refreshment desk: